Thursday, October 9, 2014

Scott's recovery + homemade noodles

While I spent a majority of my day yesterday blogging and pinteresting in a waiting room, my husband was on the other side of the wall having his broken nose reconstructed. Not a fun day, but he was a trooper and rocked the hospital gown.



Anyways, our household is in recovery mode, so I thought it would be the perfect time to break out the ultimate comfort food. Ever since I was little, my grandma has always made THE BEST homemade noodles; they were always the foodie highlight of every visit to her house. So, I decided to finally attempt these amazing noodles in a quest for comfort food. Although I had to text my grandma throughout the noodle making process, they turned out fabulous and Scott devoured them!



Ingredients: (2 servings)
2 cups white flour
2 large eggs
chicken broth (I used 3 of the 10.5 oz cans)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Mix eggs and flour together until blended. These are fairly dry noodles so I had to get my hands a bit messy and kneed these until all of the flour was absorbed into the dough.

Roll out dough on a floury surface and cut into strips. I cut mine about 1/2 inch wide. Easy peasy.



Cook the noodles in the chicken broth. They should float to the top when they are finished, mine took roughly 30 minutes. They should look something like this:




 That's it! Serve over some mashed potatoes and you're in business!



There's nothing like a little comfort food to warm up your day and mood, especially as it gets colder outside!